Venice in the Winter

Venice in the Winter
Picture perfect ... even me!

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Norwich Whitlingham and The Brick Kiln for Dinner








I had a great last few days in Norwich with Calvin taking me to Whitlingham which is a 5km walk around a man made lake with a 'beach', wild geese etc and really nice and of course a Cafe at the end for that coveted Flat White and chocolate cake.

This 'lake' was actually a big hole a few years back having been a gravel quarry and the gravel dug out for building materials. The council spent money and made it into a lovely picnic, walking and swimming area where, in the summer, the hold Rock Concerts. The stage was huge and it was easy to imagine sitting around the lake having a picnic and a wine or two listening to great music. Roll on summer!! (Was that me who said I would love to feel the cold again after all those 40+ degree days? Surely not!)

In the evening Jenny and Ray took me out with their friends Frank and Eileen to the Brick Kiln for a lovely meal. Honestly I have never seen such a large menu. And we were home just in time to see the end of the NZ v France game!! I will say no more 'cause if you felt as sick as I did there is nothing more to be said.

And then it was a 6.30 wake up call to catch the dreaded Ryan Air flight to Rome!!