Venice in the Winter

Venice in the Winter
Picture perfect ... even me!

Friday, August 31, 2007

from Bern via Lausanne to Dijon

Not sure what this sign is all about but it looked so amusing we couldnt go past it!!
A cute little skiing village high up in the Jura mountains almost on the Swiss French border.










We left Bern in much cooler temperatures than we had experienced so far on our trip which was, to say the least, very pleasant.




I must confess to not liking much in Lausanne and I guess Lausanne knew this as I managed to delete the few photos I did take from my camera.. don't even ask!!! it's the second time and now I download them every two days!!! It's the blonde in case you didnt know.




Absolutely fantastic scenery the past few days.. we followed Lake Geneva eastwards from Lausanne and the scenery was just stunning.. through the Jura Mountains into France which is their skiing area.. where we stopped to take so,e photos and then on through the wine growing area of Dordogne into Dijon. The dramatic scenery of Switzerland gave way to the flat plains of the Dordogne and acres and acres of Sunflower fields.. all of them dead and waiting to be harvested for their oil I guess